Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Chronic Werewolf Update

Today was a pretty good day. I was exhausted and sore, but not to a point that it's hard for me to function at all. So I enjoyed it. Not only that, I got to spend time with one of my good friends who is moving to Seattle. Seems like a lot of my true friends keep moving away lately, which is hard but I get it. Change happens. I'm glad that this change is a good one for my friends, because I ultimately want the best for the people I love. I won't lie and say I am not sad to see people go.

We talked about my health a little, and I have had a long hard road. Where I am now is better than where I was in Feb, but it hasn't been easy. I have my medications for my brain and medications for my body, and so many different kinds of medical professionals. All of this has been overwhelming and I have had to learn new coping mechanisms. I have come a long way.

I hate living with constant pain. I hate not completely trusting my mind. I have a list of complaints, but at least things are slowly getting better. They had to get worse before they got better, but in the end things are adjusting. A lot of what I do to cope is adjusting.

My husband and I have been really busy in the last few weeks too, so we are trying to slowly unwind. I don't function on the same energy levels as most people around me, so I need to take down time to recover if I push myself. It's like my energy bar is always at half, while others get a good nights sleep and wake up with a full bar. It sucks, but I learn to adjust to that as well.

At least despite all the pressures lately, things have been good between my hubby and I. I am always thankful for that. I have an amazing relationship and I know it. I am proud of it. We've been through a lot together and have come a long way. A really fucking long way. With border crossings and everything.

Now I think I will rest up and watch some silly shit with my husband. One of my favorite distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment